Genome Valley Excellence Awardees
- Dr. Anji Reddy
Chairman, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Hyderabad, India
The organizing committee of BioAsia 2011 takes pride in bestowing the Genome Valley Excellence Award 2011 on Dr. K. Anji Reddy, Founder & Chairman of Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Limited (DRL), Hyderabad, India in light of his
Leadership in founding and pioneering the DRL (Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Limited) into an exemplary and trendsetting Indian Pharmaceutical Industry.
Relentless efforts to take the initiatives in driving the DRL to innovate and work on a new paradigm of bringing cutting edge science to improve already known safe and efficacious drugs to address unmet medical needs at a very affordable price.
Contributions to the society through the Dr. Reddys Foundation for Human & Social Development, Naandi, and NICE foundations, and for standing as an epitome for good corporate citizenship.
- Beijing Institute of Genomics (BIG),China
Beijing Institute of Genomics (BIG) of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) was officially founded on November 28, 2003 as one of the youngest institutes of life sciences. BIG currently has a total number of 184 faculty and staff members, including 1 Academia Sinica academician, 1 CAS academician, 17 research fellows including 7 "100 Talents Program" scientists. At present BIG has 197 graduate students.
The organizing committee of BioAsia 2011 takes pride in bestowing the Genome Valley Excellence Award 2011 on the Beijing Institute of Genomics (BIG), China for
- Its exemplary work & contributions in the field of genomics
- Successful completion of Chinese Superhybrid Rice Genome Project independently;
- Being the first institute in China to sequence SARS virus genome and develop a diagnostic reagent kit for the SARS virus, the breakthrough research which led way to nearly 200 research publications;
- Its contributions to the International Human Genome Project and HapMap Project;
BioAsia Young Mind Awardee
- Mr. Vignesh Sridharan
Sri Sankara Senior Secondary School, Adyar Chennai, India.
Research Title: "Electricity from Waste- microbial fuel cell technology"
YSR BioAsia Innovation Awardee
- Ms. Chaitanya Reddy
Vishnu Dental College, Bhimavaram, AP, India.
Research Title: "Manually-operated mobile air compressor"